Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Renewable contract : Oui
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
Level of experience : Recently graduated
This position is available within the framework of the Autogramm project funded by the ANR. The project partners are the Modyco team (Paris Nanterre), LaCiTo (CNRS), LISN (Université Paris-Saclay) and Inria Nancy Grand-Est.
The position is based in Nancy but regular travel to Paris to meet the other project partners is foreseen but travel expenses are covered within the limits of the scale in force.
The goal of the ANR Autogramm project (autogramm.github.io) is to automate observations on natural languages from annotated data.
The project also promotes the development of treebanks for under-endowed languages, in order to extract descriptions for these languages.
With the help of the researchers involved in the ANR Autogramm project, the person recruited will manage the evolution of existing tools and the development of new tools specific to the project.
Given the variety of users (the project researchers are computer scientists and field linguists), all the tools are available as web services. The project website provides a summary of the scientific objectives and links to the tools that will be at the heart of the missions (notably ArboratorGrew and Grew-match).
The engineer will therefore be in contact with these different types of users and will have to work with them to adapt to their needs and support them in the use of the tools.
The person recruited will be responsible for coordinating developments with the project's researchers, doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows and will participate in the supervision of trainees.
Main activities :
* Coordinate the maintenance of the project tools
* Develop new functionalities
* Leading a community of users
* Assisting users (organising training, writing documentation)
Technical skills and level required :
- Engineer or Master level in computer science
- Front-end and back-end web development (mastery of one or more of the project's technologies is highly desirable: Vue.js, quasar, flask)
- Mastery of development methodologies: non-regression tests, git, github and continuous integration systems.
- Good command of French or English required
Other valued appreciated :
- Natural Language processing
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
According to degree and experience.
- Theme/Domain :
Language, Speech and Audio
Web development (BAP E)
- Town/city : Villers lès Nancy
- Inria Center : CRI Nancy - Grand Est
- Starting date : 2022-10-01
- Duration of contract : 12 months
- Deadline to apply : 2022-09-30
The keys to success
Willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to interact with linguists who are not familiar with the IT tools and constraints of the project.
An interest in natural languages would be a definite asset. Skills in automatic language processing would also be a plus.
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.