Renewable contract : Oui
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Other valued qualifications : PhD thesis
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
About the research centre or Inria department
The Inria Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée center counts 34 research teams as well as 7 support departments. The center's staff (about 500 people including 320 Inria employees) is made up of scientists of different nationalities (250 foreigners of 50 nationalities), engineers, technicians and administrative staff. 1/3 of the staff are civil servants, the others are contractual agents. The majority of the center’s research teams are located in Sophia Antipolis and Nice in the Alpes-Maritimes. Four teams are based in Montpellier and two teams are hosted in Bologna in Italy and Athens. The Center is a founding member of Université Côte d'Azur and partner of the I-site MUSE supported by the University of Montpellier.
The engineer or postdoc position will take place in the environment of a newly created Inria-Inserm team COMPO (COMputational Pharmacology in Oncology), located in the University Hospital of Marseille. This team is composed of mathematicians, pharmacists and clinicians and is a unique multidisciplinary environment focused on developing novel computational tools for decision- making in clinical oncology.
Specifically, the project is funded by the french National Cancer Institute (INCa) and will consist in developing mechanistic models of the response to immune-checkpoint inhibitors (ICI) with access to unique, large-scale (~450 patients), longitudinal and multi-modal biological data generated by thePIONeeR consortium clinical study (RHU program). It will involve strong interactions with clinicians from APHM and biologists, from academy (CIML and CRCM in Marseille) as well as biotech (e.g. HalioDX) and pharma companies (InnatePharma, Imcheck therapeutics).
The recruited person will be in charge of the biostatistical analysis, mixed-effects modeling and machine learning engineering of longitudinal biomarker data of the response to ICI in non-small cell lung cancer. To this end, large data sets containing multi-modal and longitudinal data from immuno-histochemistry, imaging, pharmacokinetics, immunoprofiling, soluble biomarkers and sequencing data (including circulating DNA) will be used.
Main activities :
- Data exploration and visualization
- Biostatistics (e.g. statistical tests, survival analysis)
- Machine learning (unsupervised and supervised)
- Mathematical modeling of drugs-tumor-immune interactions
- Mixed-effects statistical modeling
Additional activities :
- Review the literature
- Analyze the requirements of the project partners
- Write synthetic and meaningful reports and scientific publications
Technical skills and level required :
- Excellent programing skills (python/R)
- Familiarity with real-world data analysis
- Strong background in statistics
- Ideally, experience in mixed-effects modeling
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
From 2632 euros gross monthly (according to degree and experience)
- Theme/Domain :
Computational Neuroscience and Medicine
Statistics (Big data) (BAP E)
- Town/city : Marseille
- Inria Center : CRI Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée
- Starting date : 2022-03-01
- Duration of contract : 2 years
- Deadline to apply : 2022-01-31
The keys to success
Strong motivation to apply computational methods to concrete health problems
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.