Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Renewable contract : Oui
Level of qualifications required : Graduate degree or equivalent
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
Corps d'accueil : Ingénieur d'Etudes / Ingénieur de Recherche (IE/IR)
An opening for a software engineer is available in the Inria Alpines group in Paris, Inria and Sorbonne University to work in the context of the EMC2 project funded by ERC. EMC2 is an interdisciplinary project between mathematicians, computer scientists and chemists, aiming at providing a new generation, dramatically faster and quantitatively reliable molecular simulation software.
In this context, the candidate will participate in the development of a highly parallel tensor library that will implement novel algorithms designed in the group. It will feature novel low rank approximation algorithms and randomization techniques.
EMC2 ERC project: https://erc-emc2.eu/
Alpines group: https://team.inria.fr/alpines/
- collaborate with members of the project
- implement new algorithms designed in the team
- test and validate the software
- participate to the architecture and the management of the software
- participate to the user guide
Skills: Good background in C or C++ and MPI parallel coding. Experience with collaborative development processes and a good knowledge of software architecture is a plus. A proven track record of managing the development of open-source software would be great. Background in linear algebra or molecular simulations is also a plus.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Theme/Domain :
Distributed and High Performance Computing
Scientific computing (BAP E)
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : CRI de Paris
- Starting date : 2021-11-01
- Duration of contract : 12 months
- Deadline to apply : 2021-11-12
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.