Contract type : Fixed-term contract
Level of qualifications required : PhD or equivalent
Fonction : Post-Doctoral Research Visit
Level of experience : From 3 to 5 years
About the research centre or Inria department
Grenoble Rhône-Alpes Research Center groups together a few less than 650 people in 37 research teams and 8 research support departments.
Staff is localized on 5 campuses in Grenoble and Lyon, in close collaboration with labs, research and higher education institutions in Grenoble and Lyon, but also with the economic players in these areas.
Present in the fields of software, high-performance computing, Internet of things, image and data, but also simulation in oceanography and biology, it participates at the best level of international scientific achievements and collaborations in both Europe and the rest of the world.
- I. Cheddadi, M. Génard, N. Bertin, and C. Godin. Coupling water fluxes with cell wall mechanics in a multicellular model of plant development. PLoS Comput. Biol., 15, 2019.
- Y. Long, I. Cheddadi, G. Mosca, V. Mirabet, M. Dumond, A. Kiss, J. Traas, C. Godin, and A. Boudaoud. Cellular heterogeneity in pressure and growth emerges from tissue topology and geometry. Curr. Biol., 30, 2020.
- Review of cell-based models of phyllotaxis and auxin transport
- Participating to meristem imaging and analysis with biologists
- Conception of models of phyllotaxis at cellular resolution
- Implementation of the models (python, C++)
- Paper writing and communication at conferences
Salary: 2 653€ gross/month (income tax excluded).
- Theme/Domain :
Scientific computing (BAP E)
- Town/city : Lyon
- Inria Center : CRI Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes
- Starting date : 2021-11-01
- Duration of contract : 2 years
- Deadline to apply : 2022-02-15
The keys to success
The candidate should have a solid background in bio-physics and/or computational biology. She/he should have strong and interdisciplinary communication skills at the interface between biology, biophysics, applied mathematics, and computer science.
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.