Contract type : Internship agreement
Level of qualifications required : Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Fonction : Temporary scientific engineer
Level of experience : Recently graduated
THE START DATE IS FLEXIBLE
DeepSearch is a new kind of collaborative, filter-based search engine that allows people to perform detailed search on the Internet efficiently, on any subject and from a single platform. We develop our own search engine technology powered by machine learning, which is able to filter any content from the internet according to the user's criteria.
The project, founded by Leo Cances (finishing his PhD in deep semi-supervised learning at the Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse) and Romain Zimmer (Télécom Paris 2019), is currently under development at Inria's Startup Studio in Paris.
Under the direct responsibility of the founding team, you will contribute to the development of the backend of our search platform.
Depending on your skills and interests, you will collaborate with the rest of the team to:
- Optimize existing features for scalability, speed and stability
- Improve the quality of our codebase
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Help maintain our production system and manage the database
- Good understanding of basic web technologies and databases
- Some experience with Node.js, Typescript, Express, Apollo Graphql, SQL, linux operating system
- Experience writing tests
- Strong interest into latest web technologies
- Professional working English
Nice to have
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing and maintaining real-world web applications
- Basic understanding of machine learning
- Basic skills in React.js
- Strong interests and skills in backend / database optimization
- Advanced knowledge in cybersecurity
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : CRI de Paris
- Starting date : 2021-11-01
- Duration of contract : 6 months
- Deadline to apply : 2021-10-31
- Inria Team : INCUB-PRO
Zimmer Romain / firstname.lastname@example.org
The keys to success
We are looking for a quick learner, passionate about web technologies and comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You should be proactive, a great team player and love teaching/learning from others. The team is international so you will also have to be comfortable speaking in English.
Inria is the French national research institute dedicated to digital science and technology. It employs 2,600 people. Its 200 agile project teams, generally run jointly with academic partners, include more than 3,500 scientists and engineers working to meet the challenges of digital technology, often at the interface with other disciplines. The Institute also employs numerous talents in over forty different professions. 900 research support staff contribute to the preparation and development of scientific and entrepreneurial projects that have a worldwide impact.
Instruction to apply
Defence Security :
This position is likely to be situated in a restricted area (ZRR), as defined in Decree No. 2011-1425 relating to the protection of national scientific and technical potential (PPST).Authorisation to enter an area is granted by the director of the unit, following a favourable Ministerial decision, as defined in the decree of 3 July 2012 relating to the PPST. An unfavourable Ministerial decision in respect of a position situated in a ZRR would result in the cancellation of the appointment.
Recruitment Policy :
As part of its diversity policy, all Inria positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
Warning : you must enter your e-mail address in order to save your application to Inria. Applications must be submitted online on the Inria website. Processing of applications sent from other channels is not guaranteed.